Sad story! Lost a Jewl

d20monsteroscar20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Missouri City, TX
It was sometime last week when me and two other buddies decided to check eachothers tanks and c has the best setups. I first went to his house (Hans) and there he showed me his Gold Midas, Arowana, and a tank of breeding Jewls.
I told him I had a Jewl and he asked me for it, and I quickly sayed "no way" I have keept the jewl since it was a lil baby and now he was to its full grown size. I just went on and on bragging about my Precious Jewl. So it was time for him to come and check out my tanks. As I walked to my 55 gallon tank to turn on the lights I noticed that there was some wrong with the Jewl. After futher instection, I found out that my Jewl had beeing beat up by other cichlids in the tank. I was so mad cause that never had happened before. Well to conclude the story my Jewl died that day after I tryed my best to bring him to life. so now my friends are laughting at me cause my Jewl died. that fish was so important to me and my tank. everyone liked him, and I dont know about you, but that just bad luck, he decided to go right wen i wanted to show him off to my friends. Wat should I do I dont feel looking at the tank no more cause I feel guilty!

KingCobra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2005
Florida
Sorry about the jewl.

There is nothing to feel guilty about. It hapens.
I don't know why your friends would be laughing at you because your jewl died.
Sounds like immaturity.

Anyway If i were you I would get another jewl and see what happens.
What kind of fish did you keep with your jewl?

d20monsteroscar20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Missouri City, TX
2 Oscars, 3 Red Zebras, 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 acei, 1 bumble bee. I would tought that the oscars were the reason for his death but it was actually the acei. Its strange cause the acei never bullyed him before and if he did, it was not enought to cause injuries.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
it was one or more of the mbuna that beat him, between the zebras crabro and acei there's no telling. But mbuna are definitely have a propensity for beating up jewels.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
d20monsteroscar20 said:
2 Oscars, 3 Red Zebras, 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 acei, 1 bumble bee. I would tought that the oscars were the reason for his death but it was actually the acei. Its strange cause the acei never bullyed him before and if he did, it was not enought to cause injuries.
Just have to say:

Holy Crap! You keep ALL of those fish in a 55?!! :22_yikes:

d20monsteroscar20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Missouri City, TX
yah i know a 55 is too small, but so far the only fishes that are over sizing are the oscars, the rest are fine. like the mbuma is too small comparing with the acei and the red zebras or my Jewl RIP! I just cant understand y dont t he oscars do nothing bad to other fishes, is the other fishes fighting with each other. I say this cause my oscars are big and the rest of the cichlids still have a while to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store