Sajica tank

sajica

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Here
Hi,
Anyone got an opinion if a pair of sajica could be housed in a 75g 48x18x20 with another pair of either electric blue acara’s, longimanus or another sajica pair? Im needing to pull 2 tanks down and finding it difficult deciding what to move on. All are currently spread across a few tanks and under 8cm.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Since no one else has jumped in, I'll pose my 2 cents.
My mated sajica pair, killed any other cichlid put in their tank, although they seems to ignore dither fish (like swordtails).
Maybe yours are less territorial than mine? My male was fairly large, maybe, 6-8", and almost as tall.
And any other blue cichlid would be more apt to be taken out, as I imagine the Acaras would be no match for a sajica.

sajica

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Here
Thanks, Im happy to just house the single pair. All fish are still small but want it to be a long term plan. Just bummed about having to down size my tanks and these fish are too small to go in my other tank as they will be a meal for my oscar

Reactions: tlindsey

RedRaven

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
I agree with Duanes and have had similar experiences with this species. Never had them grow much over six inches though. Sajica can be extremely aggressive while breeding and I don't believe there will be enough space in that aquarium to house another pair of cichlids.

Reactions: sajica
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store