Salminus Hilari

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Are the fish you currently have all just babies? I imagine not if the tank is 600 gallons. I'd guess any true Hillari available would be on the pretty small side. I wouldn't hesitate to add a single one to any of my tanks. I'm guessing if I added a single fish to the same tank vs a big group (started with 7) then there wouldn't have been casualties. Those were on me, my fault, should have moved the Hillari once they were similar sized to the tank mates and the tattered fins started, but have been so busy trying to get things back up after the move that nothing happened fast enough. The Hillari simply outgrew the tank mates and then 4 on 1'd them. Really don't think a single fish would be an issue in most cases.

Reactions: celebrist

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Grown bass would easily make a meal out of the fish you're worried about upsetting the balance......

I've had mine a year and will be worried about them becoming snacks when I do decide to add them to one of the bigger tanks here, and guessing grown bass to be capable of eating fish double the size of anything my fish would be capable of......

Better safe then sorry most say...... ;)

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Grown bass would easily make a meal out of the fish you're worried about upsetting the balance......

I've had mine a year and will be worried about them becoming snacks when I do decide to add them to one of the bigger tanks here, and guessing grown bass to be capable of eating fish double the size of anything my fish would be capable of......

Better safe then sorry most say...... ;)
I appreciate all the help. You add tremendous value to this forum and I’m sure I can speak for many that you are one of the few who make this forum worth it. Never any drama and always willing to give sound advice.

Thanks again!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Thank you for the kind words..... Means alot to feel appreciated.

There's always drama. Sometimes people have decided what they want for answers then ask questions and will simply argue till they hear what they want to..... Lifes too short. Easier to enjoy open minded conversation and hopefully there's answers or at least a direction given to point you to answers.

I guess I'm a lil old school.... I learned so much from this place that I feel obligated to make frequent visits despite everyone thinking the social media garbage is so much better..... It's absolutely useless when trying to research anything cause there's so many armchair experts regurgitating useless or rotten info. The funny thing is the powers that be on the socials can just pull the plug on whatever they want then all the hard work is wasted. Thats why we need to insure places like this stay alive. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store