Salvini cichlid in a 140 gallon medium sized cichlid community

Ogertron3000

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
She's a nice looking fish, I can see why you wanted to get her.
Hope she doesn't get too aggressive, I guess you just have to wait and see. Keep us updated , I'm curious how this will go.

Reactions: Cichlid_Guy

Nm1

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2019
Real Name
NM
I have a Salvani around 5 inch who is literally posssed by satan himself. Watch this fish they are mean and capable of serious damage to lesser tankmates. They will flare often but strike occasionally and when they do it’s problematic.

Cichlid_Guy

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2019
Finland
Real Name
Justus
So far everything has went well with the Salvini. She hasn't fought much with anyone, and she is now second on the hierarchy when others are not spawning. Only the Firemouth male is above her. She has a small territory which she defends from other fish. I haven't seen her make any physical contact with other fish, just flaring. It is surprising that everything has went so well, there have been no dominance battles, other cichlids just mostly ignore her.

Reactions: Toiletcar

Ogertron3000

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
So far everything has went well with the Salvini. She hasn't fought much with anyone, and she is now second on the hierarchy when others are not spawning. Only the Firemouth male is above her. She has a small territory which she defends from other fish. I haven't seen her make any physical contact with other fish, just flaring. It is surprising that everything has went so well, there have been no dominance battles, other cichlids just mostly ignore her.
Cool, happy it's working. Just keep an eye on things. In my experience salvinis are relentless once they decide they don't like another fish..

Toiletcar

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Glad things are going well. Should be fine w/ that tank size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store