Salvinii Cichlids! Breeding / genders

Bara fisk

Exodon
MFK Member
May 3, 2022
Hi guys! i currently have 2x salviniis which im 99% sure are 2x femalese since they have the black dot on their top fin and that little black spot of what i like to call their chin , i've had them for almost a year and they're both about 5-6 inches i would say looking pretty chunky and ye also i've recently watched them lay eggs even tough nothing comes out of it .. so 1 is femaly for sure atleast even tough they look EXACTLY the same and i know that female and male are supposed to have rather noticeable differences i cant say to 100% what genders they are since i got them when they were 2 years old but ... anyway i saw 1 more salvinii at the store the other day , the first one ever in my fish hobby experience actually since as i said i got the 2x from a friend of mine that was quittting the hobby and who's girlfreidn orderded them off her job from germany or something and they were quite expansive , anyway a overall rare fish where im from so! im thinking that it could be fun to try and breed them since the one in the store from what i've seen looks to be a male ! its about 4 inches i would say no black dots on the face or on the top fin i want to know some basic facts , what size do the breed usally , how fast will the male grow 2 inches , what size tank would be okey to add them to , to try and breed them ? ( currently my 2x salviniis are in a community 190g where im thinking of putting thme again after i had some babies ) is it safe to add a smaller male to females , should i just add 1x male and 1x female to the breeding tank or go for 1:2 ? thankful for any answers :) ( Sry for long text )

Bara fisk

Exodon
MFK Member
May 3, 2022
Some pictures of them ! , these are the best i have sadly , never see them both flared up together to get a good shot and oscars love to stand in the way.. :p

sali 1 .jpeg

sali 2 .jpeg

sali 3 .jpeg

sali 4.jpeg

sali 6.jpeg

sali 7.jpeg

Reactions: keystonewma
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store