Save my Tigrinis

Atomic Dog

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
My tig has been acting strange for the last couple days . Swimming awkwardly with no balance . Any suggestions doesn’t look like it going to make it .

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
My tig has been acting strange for the last couple days . Swimming awkwardly with no balance . Any suggestions doesn’t look like it going to make it .
Hard to say but maybe bloat/swim bladder issues. Please post ur water parameters, tank info, tankmates, water change schedule, and diet. Add a pic or video. Would lower the water level so it can stay upright and add some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g. Add some kanamycin. Start with that for now. I assume because of the lack of balance. Hope it gets better.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tigs need pristine water or they won't last long....not saying that yours isn't but I would check it test for levels of ammonia and nitrate levels.

Reactions: moe214 and Matteus

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Reminds me of their behavior when in shock from going from high to low oxygen water or from a spike in pH or hardness, temp, etc.

You and your fish could benefit if you followed the guidelines for asking health-related questions posted in stickies in the Diseases forum and the General Aquaria forum.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store