Say goodbye to my fish. :(

d3adlydesignz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2016
Not too long ago I setup an new tank with the following.

Rams, lamp eye tetras, angelfish, Cory loaches, Cory catfish.

Well yesterday my sister over fed them. So I vacuumed the waste out the next day when I got back home. And now today I noticed signs of ick. Sadly I have lost 6 fish in 2 days and my hard earned money and my beloved fish are slowing going down the drain.... :( :(

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Well yesterday my sister over fed them. So I vacuumed the waste out the next day when I got back home. And now today I noticed signs of ick. Sadly I have lost 6 fish in 2 days and my hard earned money and my beloved fish are slowing going down the drain.... :( :(

Sorry for your loss.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia

I don't think 1 time over fed kill your fishes and ick don't kill fishes within 2 days.
Your fishes died because your tank not fully cycle yet, without any established bio media from an old disease free tank, any new tank would take around 2 months for fully cycled.

Last edited:

d3adlydesignz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2016
I don't think 1 time over fed kill your fishes and ick don't kill fishes within 2 days.
Your fishes died because your tank not fully cycle yet, without any established bio media from an old disease free tank, any new tank would take around 2 months for fully cycled.
The tank is fully cycled. I waited 2 months before adding fish and slowly added fish since then. The picture attached is a reading I took this a.m. and the test tubes been sitting for over 6 hrs. Since then I've also done a water change. Still losing fish... What else could it be?? I know for sure the tank is cycled though.

20170222_162254.jpg

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Sorry about the fish, but I disagree with your premise and agree with Yuki.

Ich is a parasite and it doesn't get created from food. If you are seeing the cysts on the fish, the cysts were already there. It's possible that the ich and the ammonia caused the deaths, but that would take autopsies to prove.

Next time I suggest not letting others feed them. It's dangerous and it's far better to let them wait for 24 hours.

Last edited:

d3adlydesignz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2016
Here is another photo that might help. I'm just at a loss and have no clue what it could be.

20170222_101601.jpg

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
have you done anything different in the past week? anything at all even if its not important. I usually go on trips expecting to lose fish and deal with it when I get back.

Reactions: d3adlydesignz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store