Saying hello to fellow fish lovers

Schnauzer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2005
Maine
This site was recommended to me by phishphorphun on the Cichlid forum . I have a 35 mm with a few different lenses that I have used for close to 20 years. I hate the idea of using a roll of film and not knowing what you have for sure until you get it back. I tried my wifes little Canon power shot A300 but I didn't really have any control. Might have helped if I read the book with the camera. A friend recommended a Nikon D70 and everyone on the Cichlid Forum seemed to agree it would do what I want. All I really want is to take pictures of my fish and aquariums. I am open to lens recommendations.
I guess I should post this on one of the forums.
I will have to look around and find out how to post pictures.

Ron

hir0

MFK Member
Oct 16, 2004
Azores, Portugal
hi Ron, and welcome to APF. what type of 35mm equipment are you using currently? you may be able to get a dslr system to match the brand for your lenses.

benny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2004
Singapore
Welcome to APF!!

Well a Canon SLR for close to twenty years. I suppose that should be either a Canon A or T series manual focus SLR.

Cheers,

phishphorphun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2005
Maryland, USA
Schnauzer said:
This site was recommended to me by phishphorphun on the Cichlid forum . I have a 35 mm with a few different lenses that I have used for close to 20 years. I hate the idea of using a roll of film and not knowing what you have for sure until you get it back. I tried my wifes little Canon power shot A300 but I didn't really have any control. Might have helped if I read the book with the camera. A friend recommended a Nikon D70 and everyone on the Cichlid Forum seemed to agree it would do what I want. All I really want is to take pictures of my fish and aquariums. I am open to lens recommendations.
I guess I should post this on one of the forums.
I will have to look around and find out how to post pictures.

Ron
Hey Ron, I see you made it over here. Welcome aboard. The folks at this site are absolutely awsome. They have the patience of good fisherman and the knowledge of a rocket scientist. And the site is really first class. Looking forward to seeing pix of your fish.

Bobby

Schnauzer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2005
Maine
I must say I have got a lot of response to my questions here . I am very pleased. This is a great site with Kind and Helpful people here . Thank you .

Ron

JerseyJay

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2005
North Jersey
www.greenstouch.com
Schnauzer said:
I must say I have got a lot of response to my questions here . I am very pleased. This is a great site with Kind and Helpful people here . Thank you .

Ron
Ron,
You are very welcome. I hope you will stick around and share you work with others. Eventually you will be the one helping new people with their questions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store