Sciatica nerve issues

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
you guys ever get sciatica nerve pain or lower back issues that can make most of your body achey?

I quit smoking, but messed something up in my lower back at the same time lol, and for 5 weeks I’ve been trying to figure out which one is causing days with all over achey joints and tightness.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
MJ, I’m a big advocate, helped me plenty.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Maybe coincidence with the smoking. If the pain goes to ur toes then it’s sciatica. Maybe more of a bulging disk. Should get it checked out. Get to ur pcp and get some nsaid,prednisone and strong pain med if needed.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
It depends on several factors. Are there any movements that cause or aggravate your symptoms? Spinal extension(bending backwards) or flexion(bending to touch your toes)? Any particular lifts?

have you been diagnosed with sciatica? What you described sounds more like swelling caused by inflammation. nerve pain would feel more like a shooting sensation down a limb/appendage or pins and needles.

Have you seen a doctor or PT yet?

Reactions: jaws7777

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
Ooo also my best friend is a personal trainer. When I hurt my back he said to rub it and keep it straight. I know sometimes the positioning of my legs when I stand can trigger a shooting nerve pain. Hope u can get well soon. Dr. Michaelski is a chiropractor in so cal who may be able to help u!!

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
It depends on several factors. Are there any movements that cause or aggravate your symptoms? Spinal extension(bending backwards) or flexion(bending to touch your toes)? Any particular lifts?

have you been diagnosed with sciatica? What you described sounds more like swelling caused by inflammation. nerve pain would feel more like a shooting sensation down a limb/appendage or pins and needles.

Have you seen a doctor or PT yet?
Excellent point.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
The best thing to do is to get it checked out by a qualified professional. Many things will have similar symptoms. Factors such as onset, mechanism of injury, duration of symptoms and such can be used to determine what the true cause is, but is can still be very hard to get an accurate diagnosis without a physical examination as many times it is the special testing that can help rule in and out specific conditions. This is particularly true with low back pain with articular symptoms and or paraesthias.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store