Screw Question???

hartebreak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
More advice I would give you is to not overdo it with screws. When you're screwing into the end grain of a board, if you use too many screws, you run the risk of having that board start to delaminate at the end grain as the screws are pushing the layers apart. I see some tanks with screws every 2" and IMO that is a huge mistake. Also, as stated above, the glue is the main strength of the joint, the screws help a bit, but are more of a temporary hold while the glue is drying.

Reactions: jjohnwm and Mr. Mom

sierraone5276

Feeder Fish
Jan 16, 2021
More advice I would give you is to not overdo it with screws. When you're screwing into the end grain of a board, if you use too many screws, you run the risk of having that board start to delaminate at the end grain as the screws are pushing the layers apart. I see some tanks with screws every 2" and IMO that is a huge mistake. Also, as stated above, the glue is the main strength of the joint, the screws help a bit, but are more of a temporary hold while the glue is drying.
How far apart would you recommend for the screws? I want to make sure that everything stays together as it should, but if less is more I want to make sure that I get it right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store