Selling Rays to Canadian Hobbyists

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
There are different levels of CITES (Appendix I, II, and III) and rays seem to fall under appendix III. See links below. Just enter stingray in the first link....

Thank you Sir

Reactions: RD.

mareshow

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
So I have also wondered this myself. I keep hearing that rays are cities listed. Would that affect our ability to bring them across the border to Canada? Or does that just mean more taxes?...
I imported some Hystrix from Germany, no issues at all direct flight from Frankfurt to Calgary :)

Reactions: Matteus

mareshow

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
When was this though? Rays are now cites listed and things are bit more complicated these days...
A few years ago (6?), the scobina and the hystrix I Brought in were both listed on cites. But I'm pretty sure because both were captive bred they were exempt. Would have to do some research if anything has changed

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
A few years ago (6?), the scobina and the hystrix I Brought in were both listed on cites. But I'm pretty sure because both were captive bred they were exempt. Would have to do some research if anything has changed
Did you have to pay extra fees within the shipping to land them then? (If you can remember?)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store