SENEGAL FREAKING OUT!!!

elbeatch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Just fed my fish some shrimp, one of them, a 6'' male is now shaking its head. Starting about a half inch past his gills up to his head, shaking. The others are all fine, no odd behavior. I've within the week added sand, changed a bit of water. The odd thing is he's eaten since he started shaking. Anyone have any info?

TicaL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
Tempe, AZ
elbeatch;739056; said:
Just fed my fish some shrimp, one of them, a 6'' male is now shaking its head. Starting about a half inch past his gills up to his head, shaking. The others are all fine, no odd behavior. I've within the week added sand, changed a bit of water. The odd thing is he's eaten since he started shaking. Anyone have any info?
Having watched my Senegal eat ghost shrimp the only thing I could imagine it would be is perhaps he has something lodged in his throat but it's not large enough to suffocate him? I've seen my Senegal shake like this but it was abruptly after he had stalked down a fat ghost shrimp and he only had done it for a few minutes and then returned back to normal. As for if it were a parasite or something of that nature I would have no clue as to what could cause that behavior.

elbeatch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
it was frozen shrimp, no shell, but he did stop after 20 mins, I'm guessing he took a huge piece or maybe got sand or a rock stuck? I'll keep everyone posted, I think I was actually the one freaking out. Had them a few years never witnessed anything like that.:nilly:

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I hope its alright now, my senegal does something similar when he eats too, he probably is just a pig choking down his food, lets hope!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store