Sera uvc 1200- anyone here familiar?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Good to know. I might go for this filter on the means that I have an opportunity to get it for much cheaper than an fx6. Some of the products I have used so far of theirs have been good.
Matt, sera makes wonderful bio media. One of the best in the market. SeraSiporax. Tried and true I’ve used it in most of my tank. As far as filtration goes. I’d rather get a FX-6. Never used their filter but I’ve seen and examined it in person. Plastic feels cheap, has a lot of bells and whistles, but you know, the more they add is cover up what they lack

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Thanks for the feedback. It sucks that the only person I know who is actually running it is also the one who I would be buying it from. Lol.

Jury is still out for me.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Good to know. I might go for this filter on the means that I have an opportunity to get it for much cheaper than an fx6. Some of the products I have used so far of theirs have been good.
IME sera makes some qualitystuff for sure. But never used their cannisters. As i said im in love with eheim 2260. They are so versatile and are workhorses.

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
never used sera before but i see many sera products in almost all my lfs... and it's not cheap

i know some guys recommend their bio filter sera siporax

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've never heard of the name, let alone any of their stuff. But a quick Google search shows they've got their name on loads of aquarium related products.

I'm not a cannister guy but I was always led to believe that fluval and eheim have pretty much got that market covered. You say these filters are around the same price point. That would be a pretty big hit to the pocket if they turned out to be inferior.

If you do pull the trigger though and give them a go make sure you do a proper unboxing thread and then add to the thread every once in a while giving your feedback on performance etc.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
oh and the sunsun uvb canister filter looks very similar to this sera filter

and if you have a uv light, do change the bulb every 3-6 months and do not look at exposed uv light, you can go blind

Nove Sedici

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Netherlands
Have you heard of sera as a brand name?
The people I know around here are saying it is top notch. Even better than Eheim or fluval.
I have definately heard of Sera as a brand name, over here it's much bigger than Fluval for all kind of aquarium stuff and fish food. I've got no experience with Sera filters, but they probably will be good.

I have no experience with Fluval filters as well, is the FX6 a really good one? I'm using or did use Eheim, Oase and Sun Sun (Sun Sun is a cheap ass filter ;-))

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Haha. Thanks nove. I was a bit mixed up on that note because the supplier is out of Holland. I do see on it that it’s made in Germany though.

I actually saw the filter in person today. I might be able to swing a knarly deal on it. I think I will give it a go. :naughty:

Reactions: Nove Sedici

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Haha. Thanks nove. I was a bit mixed up on that note because the supplier is out of Holland. I do see on it that it’s made in Germany though.

I actually saw the filter in person today. I might be able to swing a knarly deal on it. I think I will give it a go. :naughty:
you may want to check how much does a spare bulb cost before considering to change... it's a recurring cost

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store