Serrasalmus Maculatus need info

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
It's been three days. So far no issues,both fish are eating (although the mac hasn't eaten much, for some reason he will attack the food, chew it ..which looks hilarious btw, and then spit it out most of the time) I added some almond leaves to make the water murky for them n to add tannins. But ya so far so good, will keep posting .

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
Hey guys so everything is still good so far, although my maculatus is barely eating, he will rush in and scare off all the red bellies when they are attacking food , take a tiny bite and then go back to its stump. It also has taken a few bites out of the tail fin of one of the red bellies. I guess the issue is that he doesn't seem to like any of the food I'm giving him, he will take tiny bites, eating maybe 1/5th of the amount a red belly half his size eats.

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
Hey guys so everything is still good so far, although my maculatus is barely eating, he will rush in and scare off all the red bellies when they are attacking food , take a tiny bite and then go back to its stump. It also has taken a few bites out of the tail fin of one of the red bellies. I guess the issue is that he doesn't seem to like any of the food I'm giving him, he will take tiny bites, eating maybe 1/5th of the amount a red belly half his size eats.
Has anyone seen this sort of behavior from macs before?

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store