Setting up a tank

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
yea i'll definetly post up picks.......the tank should be cycling by tuesday and possibly have fish by the weekend...........and na he wants africans.......we got two tanks for free the 29 hes using and i got a free 20 long and i'm probaly going to get cons..............

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Thats the way I started. Bought a tank and then added the fish. Lost a couple:cry: and then started to read all the information I could find. From this I have settled on a system that works very well for me and my conditions. :clap :thumbsup: :woot:
The one tank I have in my garage, originally in there to raise the fry, now has a permanent setup of 25 Malawi's and around 80-100 fry, some still in the breeding nets. The tank is great as there is so much activity, especially with the 3 Botia striata, 3 Pakistani loaches and 2 Synodontis eupterus. These two swim frantically upside down when I feed. Fascinating to watch the activity at feeding time.
Bought some Pseudotropheus minutus, wild caughts, recently and the 1 female is carrying already. Have 2 other fish carrying as well.:naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store