Seven cords

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
4'x4'x8'
....... otherwise, you got ripped off ;)

I cut down 2 huge limbs on one of my oak trees yesterday. I let my 10yo used a small electric chainsaw, for the first time, to help me cut it into wood for our fire pit next season.View attachment 1287510
Thanks for the correction--I never noticed it...had a severe leg cramp at 4 am and was on the computer waiting for the cramp to subside.

NathanKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Nor*Cal
Geez, you use a lot of wood.

I will only go through 1 or 2 cords this year, but I might be a little south of you based on the trees.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Geez, you use a lot of wood.

I will only go through 1 or 2 cords this year, but I might be a little south of you based on the trees.
The rest of California is south of us :) And yes, there are lots of trees everywhere.

Around here, bad boy widow maker trees get cut down (if they drop a dead limb on a car)

Being near the coast, the rare snow fall is a photo op
back yard

back yard river view

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Beautiful property you have,it looks like quite the compound.

NathanKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Nor*Cal
Beautiful Pacu. I love when the hills around Napa get a snow dusting.

And yes, the rest of the state is south of you.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Looks like I'm probably about the same latitude as you. I'd be just barely south of the washington/Cali border latitudinally(Is that a word?) and use about 2 cord, maybe a bit less.

My brother in law claims to go through 7-8 a year, he's down the hill from us where it's warmer. Don't know how he manages to use that much, even though he burns his fire pretty much all day and keeps his his boiling hot over winter.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Looks like I'm probably about the same latitude as you. I'd be just barely south of the washington/Cali border latitudinally(Is that a word?) and use about 2 cord, maybe a bit less.

My brother in law claims to go through 7-8 a year, he's down the hill from us where it's warmer. Don't know how he manages to use that much, even though he burns his fire pretty much all day and keeps his his boiling hot over winter.
easy to burn through the wood with a big old drafty house with walls of old nearly floor to ceiling single-paned picture windows....the cold just waltzes right in.

New part of the house with double paned windows and better insulation stays warm much longer.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
but 83 degrees is too hot--almost have to open windows to cool off. 70 is comfortable. Very dry heat. Above 70 degrees I have to run 3 or 4 humidifiers to keep the humidity at 50% or higher (for my musical instruments) And when I have to do that, I need to run two distillers to keep the humidifiers in water. Pain in the posterior...
Hello; I installed a Buck stove two winters ago. The house I now have came with a heat pump and I never felt warm the first winter. Moved from a house with an oil fired furnace.
Also one morning when it was five below 0 F I woke up to no electricity. That got me on the stove the next summer.
Took a while to fix the chimney and get the stove in place. On the coldest nights, between 0 F and 10 F, it keeps a 1700 sq ft house plenty warm. Too warm if the temps are in the teens and low 20's. I like it as I can now get warm.

My stove has a flat area on the top similar to yours. I bought a 12 quart stainless stock pot that fits nicely on top. I keep it filled with water when burning the stove. That makes plenty of humidity for me.

Reactions: pacu mom
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store