Share your ray tank and filter you use

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
hey all

I am curious what size tanks.....more importantly what size filters/sumps you use.

Please tell/show us your tank/filter/sump. How big of a filter? What media? How much media? Plumbing? Pump from the tank or from the sump?

My latest build. 8x4x2 feet. Starting with a 55 gallon sump filled with bioballs. I also have a fairly large UV filter. I plan to add another 55 drum of K1 soon. But for now....for one motoro.....it'll do.....:)

IMG_9709.JPG

Reactions: yargnits

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Thx JK47 JK47

Are you using a sump as well as the ultima filters. Could you only run the ultima filters alone?

Really? Ray keepers dont wanna show their filter setup? I am most interested the filter set up anyway.

Thx again.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thx JK47 JK47

Are you using a sump as well as the ultima filters. Could you only run the ultima filters alone?

Really? Ray keepers dont wanna show their filter setup? I am most interested the filter set up anyway.

Thx again.
The Ultimas do all the work. The sump is utility really. A place to store the apex probes, drip system exit etc.. there is a small amount of bio that supports the pups tank during backwashes (16.6 hour refill from drip). The system is modular so the sump can be split off to either tank or both tanks and either be one tethered system or two stand alone tanks, from an app on my phone.

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Cowturtle Cowturtle . Thx

I was just at lowes looking at those same corrugated roof sections. Are you using the vinyl ones or the polycarbonate ones? Do you experience any bowing or other issues with the ones you use do to the moisture?

Are the fixtures (bulkeheads) in the drums only held in with silicone? If not what did you use? Any issues?

What size pump are you running?

I think i looked at getting a similar tank. How do you like it? Did you put the window in? Silicone?

Thx again.

Eddie

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
I'm using polycarbonate it does bow pretty bad it now touches the water I plan on cross bracing it soon.

Everything is just pvc and silicone no problems so far.

The pump is a tetra 1900gph pond pump which works great.

So far I like the tank, it's not the nicest thing to look at but the price is right. It came with the glass already siliconed in.

Reactions: eddiegunks

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Ashley106 Ashley106 wow! Awesome. Di you build that? If not do you have a link? Thx

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store