Shell dwellers suggestion for 20 long?

neontetraking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
You should try multies, lots of personality.

Sadrobots

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2021
You would want more shells for multifasciatus (in the 100 range) but brevis are happy with a pair sharing one shell. I would not take any out.
oh damn, that's a lot! I don't know if I could fit 100 in there! the entire bottom would be covered in shells. the ones I have are the large size.

Reactions: fishguy1978

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
oh damn, that's a lot! I don't know if I could fit 100 in there! the entire bottom would be covered in shells. the ones I have are the large size.
That's the way they like it.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Neolamprologus ornatapinnis is a not really common one that's nice looking. They don't actually live in the shells so much but do use them for breeding. Females tend to use the shells more. 1 male to a few females is best. You wouldn't need as many shells that way. Technically drop the neo in the name.

Ocellatus is a good one too more of a shell dweller. Heavy female ratio again though. But that is with alot of "shell dwellers".

Signatus and similis are nice too.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
It depends on which shell dweller you want how many shells to get. Multifasciatus like them in two layers...piled up. You might want to check availability...they are not all available at all times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store