Shellies with von rio tetras

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I have a 40b with 2 female mulris and was wanting to get rid of the tank after their gone to replace the carpet in that room but one of my dogs recently got her tags stuck to the carpet and unraveled a good size section which is fast tracking the carpet. I have a heavily planted 36 with an angel fish , 10ish von rios and around 6 cories. Both tanks are on my tap water so water conditions should be the same. Does anyone think the shellies would cause to much trouble in the 36?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The real question is how long will it take to lay down the new carpet and have all that stuff done?
If you can get it done within a day then I wouldn’t worry about it, I’d get a floating breeder net and put the two shell dwellers in there.
If it will be a while then well I’d go with one of two things. The first idea is to get a divider and divide up the tank some way, front to back, side to side, or corner to corner. The second idea is to get one of those plastic totes, move their stuff into it along with their filter and them. The tote will be a temporary tank.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
The real question is how long will it take to lay down the new carpet and have all that stuff done?
If you can get it done within a day then I wouldn’t worry about it, I’d get a floating breeder net and put the two shell dwellers in there.
If it will be a while then well I’d go with one of two things. The first idea is to get a divider and divide up the tank some way, front to back, side to side, or corner to corner. The second idea is to get one of those plastic totes, move their stuff into it along with their filter and them. The tote will be a temporary tank.
Sorry for the delayed response but worked 79 hours this week so I’m a bit behind on everything. I can set up tye tank somewhere for the carpet to be installed but was curious as to how bad it would be to simply combine the tanks and eliminate the 40b since it’s in the plans already. Seems like it wouldn’t be a very good idea so I’ll either move them to my spare 20g and eliminate the 40 or just keep the 40 until the shellies go the the big tank in the sky. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store