should i treat possible bacteria infection in khuli loaches

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
i had 5 khuli loaches 2 are left im pretty sure infected scrapes gravel killed the 3. i had been procrastinating about taking them out because its a heavily planted tank and i thought a net would ruin the plants but today i got the remaining in a 10 gallon with sand and stressguard. i noticed one of them now has an arched spine and both are skinny like little ribbons. i messaged my lfs and they said that it was most likely a bacteria infection that should be treated with kanaplex. id really like to fatten them up so do you guys agree with treating with kanaplex in response to the hunched back or should i just leave them alone for a while and let them adjust?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Dose them

Reactions: djsaltynuts

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
okay after doing further research supposedly improper netting can bend theyre spines and i did pinch it against the plexiglass on accident so now im not sure if i should dose. i don’t remember if he had the bend before netting him out . should i still dose or let it play out? theyre also with two other scaleless fish so if they are sick they could get my puffer and panther loach sick. and does anybody know the affect of kanaplex on shrimp?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
okay after doing further research supposedly improper netting can bend theyre spines and i did pinch it against the plexiglass on accident so now im not sure if i should dose. i don’t remember if he had the bend before netting him out . should i still dose or let it play out? theyre also with two other scaleless fish so if they are sick they could get my puffer and panther loach sick. and does anybody know the affect of kanaplex on shrimp?
Kanaplex won't harm the shrimp. I have dosed a tank with shrimp and snails and didn't lose any.

Reactions: djsaltynuts

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
okay thanks

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
how long should i give them to recover? they both started very skinny i originally dosed them 6 days ago. theyve gained weight but the bent one has developed an even nastier looking kink. hes still active and looks healthier. im wondering if i should possibly just cull them. i regret not doing that originally. but at what point will i know if the treatment worked? will the treatment reverse the physical deformities or just stop them from progressing?

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
one appears to be getting severe bends or kinks in their muscles theyre still displaying normal behavior do i cull?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store