Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Where did you get kykesis? I have been searching for the last 3 years
From an LFS that specializes in CA and SA Cichlids. They also have some nice rare livebearers and other odd balls from CA.
These fish were originally caught in some very dirty water body near Laguna Catazaja and brought to Germany by private hobbyists some years ago. The f1 was distributed to a few fishkeepers and to mentioned LFS.
As far as I know nobody including me was able to keep this strain longer than a few generations. Despite coming from waters full of waste and cow dung they were prone to several bacterial infetions that seemed to be untreatable.

• Wow
Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
In Europe is difficult to mantain a white-finned gudgeon in compare to common gudgeon...here is white-finned gudgeon in coldwater tank.In the lower picture is common gudgeon.

View attachment 1512482

View attachment 1512483
Ahh yes, the original gudgeon! Not related to my native gudgeons, but I must say aussies are more colourful lol. And not cynprinds, but elotrids.

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Ahh yes, the original gudgeon! Not related to my native gudgeons, but I must say aussies are more colourful lol. And not cynprinds, but elotrids.
hypseleotris compressa is my favourite australian fish.
I had it with European native fish species, but hypseleotris was quite aggressive, so I moved it to another tank...

Last edited:

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
From an LFS that specializes in CA and SA Cichlids. They also have some nice rare livebearers and other odd balls from CA.
These fish were originally caught in some very dirty water body near Laguna Catazaja and brought to Germany by private hobbyists some years ago. The f1 was distributed to a few fishkeepers and to mentioned LFS.
As far as I know nobody including me was able to keep this strain longer than a few generations. Despite coming from waters full of waste and cow dung they were prone to several bacterial infetions that seemed to be untreatable.
Not my rare fish but some pictures I took at my last visit at said LFS - Hobbyzoo Tillmann

Dormitator sp. San Juan, Panama
Dormitator_Sp_San_Juan_Panama.jpg

Oxyzygonectes sp. - maybe the first living specimen in Europe?
Oxyzygonectes_sp.jpg

Priapella compressa
Priapella_compressa.jpg

Rhoasia alpinna bred and raised at the Shop
Rhoadsia_altipinna_002.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store