Shy Red Devil

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
He's shy, shouldn't he be eating aggressively? He barely touched his beefheart and didn't go near a red wriggler I put near him.

He didn't eat anything all day, but I took it away from its mate at the lfs because all I had was a 55 and I didn't think a breeding pair would work in a 55.

Could it be frustrated because I took it away from its mate and its wrigglers?

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hell yeah. Probably just a mellow fellow. Give him time to get used to his small tank (err sorry... tank). He can go without food for a week and have no ill effects so I wouldnt worry.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
new tank, no friends, he's scared and sad. wait it out

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Most cichlids are fine when kept as single specimens. When they are kept by themselves, they will live longer and grow better. Sometimes colours will improve. This is particually true when talking about females. As they have no need to have mass production of eggs, and theres virtually no stress in the fish's life.

Darky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
AUSTRALIA
Ive had mine for about a week now and hes still pretty timid, hides in his log alot, but comes out now and then. I chucked some guppies and feeder crays in there and hes coming out so much now trying to get the crays under the drift wood. So much fun to watch! Just hes a bit scared of the aquarium light >_< Arwell, guess we are as impatient as each other haha, hopefully both will come out of their shells! GL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store