Siamese algae eater not eating

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hey guys I have a Siamese algae eater and he has not eaten from over a week I since I bought him he is very small and is in a 5 gal tank for now coz I’m out of station what to feed him he already sucked slime coat of a fish and left it dead I tried cucumber and today I tried tomato he is not eating pls provide me a solution guys

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If it sucked off the slime coat it’s likely a Chinese algae eater and not a Siamese algae eater, we need pictures.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
If it sucked off the slime coat it’s likely a Chinese algae eater and not a Siamese algae eater, we need pictures.
Yes bro I thought it was Chinese algae eater but the dark line running down from his mouth to tail made me think it is Siamese algae eater

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Have you tried a sinking algae pellet? Mine even ate hikari carnivore pellets.
THank you Krismo962 Krismo962 ? you gave a wonderful idea he has eaten sinking pallets and now I’m so happy after satisfying his hunger thank you ?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Sorry bro can’t get pics for you as he is hiding and not coming out as I catch him out of coconut then I’ll get you pics

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Either Siamese or Chinese tend to be quite omnivorous and are really not fussy eaters. I find mine like broken up mussel meat which is fine as a belly filler but contains little in the way of vitamins and minerals. So keep up with the algae wafers or quality sinking pellets. They will accept flake but generally if it’s been left and ignored by other fish.
They will enjoy a mature tank as it’s easier to find food such as algae and missed items, and again it’s easier for them to find food in a tank with numerous other similar sized occupants as it’s easier to feed the tank rather than feed the fish.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Hey guys I have a Siamese algae eater and he has not eaten from over a week I since I bought him he is very small and is in a 5 gal tank for now coz I’m out of station what to feed him he already sucked slime coat of a fish and left it dead I tried cucumber and today I tried tomato he is not eating pls provide me a solution guys
Glad to hear it’s eating.
Mine doesn’t care for cucumber either, but it often fights for its place with the BN plecos for some zucchini.
If you want to give that a try as well.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Glad to hear it’s eating.
Mine doesn’t care for cucumber either, but it often fights for its place with the BN plecos for some zucchini.
If you want to give that a try as well.
Sure dude

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Watch him closely Chinese aglae eaters tend to continue to suck slime coat off of fish(even when bigger).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store