Sick L200 Help

Astylin

Feeder Fish
Feb 27, 2017
Hi, I have a WC L200 HF that has a very concave stomach. I also have a L128 that is fine. Both are currently in my main tank 125g bc my cycle had crashed while using PraziPro. Should I move him back to the 10g QT tank now thats it’s back stable or treat my main tank with Prazipro? I did see him poop a little dark yesterday.. I know they Can be hard to acclimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Wild plecos commonly have internal parasites. Prazipro is okay but doesn’t absorb well through the skin. There are stronger meds that do like levamisole but that’s hard to find and dose. If it’s eating, I’d move it to a 10 gallon QT and feed it New Life Spectrum HexShield which has metrondazinole. Ingesting these meds works much better. You can treat concurrently with Prazipro to kill off any parasites that hatch out in the tank. You should do a full treatment then follow up with a 2nd full treatment a couple weeks later as more parasites can hatch out from eggs which are unaffected by the meds. Also gravel vac in between treatments to remove cysts/eggs. You should also feed your L128 in the main tank with HexShield for a few days and gravel vac.

Good luck but plecos with sunken stomachs are hard to revive.

Astylin

Feeder Fish
Feb 27, 2017
Wild plecos commonly have internal parasites. Prazipro is okay but doesn’t absorb well through the skin. There are stronger meds that do like levamisole but that’s hard to find and dose. If it’s eating, I’d move it to a 10 gallon QT and feed it New Life Spectrum HexShield which has metrondazinole. Ingesting these meds works much better. You can treat concurrently with Prazipro to kill off any parasites that hatch out in the tank. You should do a full treatment then follow up with a 2nd full treatment a couple weeks later as more parasites can hatch out from eggs which are unaffected by the meds. Also gravel vac in between treatments to remove cysts/eggs. You should also feed your L128 in the main tank with HexShield for a few days and gravel vac.

Good luck but plecos with sunken stomachs are hard to revive.
Thank you!! He seems to be eating & doing a little better. I treated both fish with Metroplex in food for 2 days & ran out.. i will try & find that particular food today or find some more metroplex.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store