SICK Petenia splendida/Red Bay Snook

dbestnindy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
Indianapolis
Hi, I am new to the community and am desperatly seeking some answers. I have a 55 gallon tank and four fish.
I have a Petenia splendida/Red Bay Snook He/she has white spots on the fins and his stomach is bloated. I have read that his stomach is distended because he could be starving. I have treated for ick for about ten days. (without filters) There are still the white spots on his fins. He hasn't eaten for over a week. I have done 25% water change twice and then 50% water change twice. I also have an oscar and a tinfoild barb (sp)something or other. They have really slowed down on eating also but they eat. I don't know if this is due to ick treatment or not. I raised the water temp to 80 degrees. The snook is staying at the top of the water with his back out. All test strips are good but it did show high in the nitrates but that is under control. I feel so sorry for him because he seems to want to eat but can't seem to get into position. I have tried worms because they love them but he runs from me. I just don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store