sick pleco

Xnooby_boyX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2021
my albino bn pleco is acting weird, he's sliding off the glass, not eating, and I'm currently treating him for cottonmouth, plz help, I just need to get some food into him, his belly is completely empty and sucked in, he's rejecting my algae wafers, and doesn't like the lettuce I tried to give him, idk whats wrong.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
my albino bn pleco is acting weird, he's sliding off the glass, not eating, and I'm currently treating him for cottonmouth, plz help, I just need to get some food into him, his belly is completely empty and sucked in, he's rejecting my algae wafers, and doesn't like the lettuce I tried to give him, idk whats wrong.
Post some pics and ur water parameters.

Reactions: tlindsey

Xnooby_boyX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2021
I can’t get a picture right now the water is currently green due to the treatment, but the ph is 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrate, and nitrite are both 0.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I can’t get a picture right now the water is currently green due to the treatment, but the ph is 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrate, and nitrite are both 0.
Using malachite green? I’d do a water change and dose some api general cure. Make sure to add a dechlorinator with the water changes.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard

If you have a test reading 0ppm Nitrate that means your aquarium is not Cycled unless it is a planted aquarium then 0ppm Nitrate is possible.

Reactions: kno4te

Xnooby_boyX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2021
I managed to get some food into him, I had to turn all the lights off and shut the blinds and close the door, I came back and half of the algae wafer was gone, Im treating him with general cure now, we‘ll see how he does.

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I managed to get some food into him, I had to turn all the lights off and shut the blinds and close the door, I came back and half of the algae wafer was gone, Im treating him with general cure now, we‘ll see how he does.
That's great to hear.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Xnooby_boyX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2021
Also did I say he jumped out of the tank and onto the filter, he also has a bit of bleeding on the mouth, not really blood but it’s red, is there any food suggestions for bn plecos? I’ve been feeding him tetra algae wafers, and fresh cucumbers, with a bit of bloodworm here and there.

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store