Sick "wobbling" sengal bichir

B-ELMORE11

Feeder Fish
Mar 17, 2019
Hello,

Today I noticed my bichir swimming as if he is disoriented. He is swimming a lot and wobbles to the point where he almost swimms upside down. His spine is straight, no outward appearance of damage. He is 6 inches long, housed with 5 opaline gourami, and a full grown angel. Temp 76 F all normal water parameters. Any ideas?

Thank you

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello,

Today I noticed my bichir swimming as if he is disoriented. He is swimming a lot and wobbles to the point where he almost swimms upside down. His spine is straight, no outward appearance of damage. He is 6 inches long, housed with 5 opaline gourami, and a full grown angel. Temp 76 F all normal water parameters. Any ideas?

Thank you

Welcome aboard

I suggest placing the Senegal in a seperate aquarium for quarantine with low water level so it won't have to struggle to go up for air. Also do you notice any bloating?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome aboard

I suggest placing the Senegal in a seperate aquarium for quarantine with low water level so it won't have to struggle to go up for air. Also do you notice any bloating?
+1 would add some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g already. Hold feeding it.

B-ELMORE11

Feeder Fish
Mar 17, 2019
+1 would add some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g already. Hold feeding it.
Thank you for the reply.

There is no bloating at all. Other than his disoriented swimming behavior, there are no physical abnormalities. Thank you for the tip, that is a very good idea. I'm going to place him in another tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

Johnjalani

Feeder Fish
Jun 14, 2021
Thank you for the reply.

There is no bloating at all. Other than his disoriented swimming behavior, there are no physical abnormalities. Thank you for the tip, that is a very good idea. I'm going to place him in another tank.
Hi i encounter this wobbly when i got a juvenile ansorgii, what happen with yours anyway?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store