significant plant die off

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I have noticed a significant die off of plants in my tank my crypts have almost disappeared my ceratopterus floatng plants has also died off .The tank where these plants were did house a rainbow snake head up until february when I sold it had it for 3 years did six monthly water top up yearly 50% water change and the plants flourished. Changes came in february when I have housed a pair kribs do a 50% water change every 2 weeks I have peat in the filter and add some tetra torumin to new water could this be the problem this die off is very recent last 2 weeks even the hair algae has gone I did use tnc lite until recently and now use a micro mix although I use the micro mix in my other tanks with no issues water prams are ok a bit baffeled as the die off has been so rapid.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have found Crypts to be very sensitive to a change in conditions, a pH shift, or even a bulb change, and will suddenly melt away, but not really die.
They appear to die, but after a short time (some weeks, maybe over a month) come back with a vengeance from their massive root system once adjusted to the new conditions.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
yes in my channa pulchra tank they have really thrived I even see them growing in parts of the aquarium where none were planted. Bought some fresh ones today to add to the ones that have melted away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store