Silver arowana tank size?

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
One day in the next 10 years, I would like to setup a large tank that I would either get custom made, or make it myself with plywood. I would like to get silver arowana since arowanas seem like interesting fish and would like to get a asian arowana, but since they are illegal and jardinis are too aggressive, would a silver or black work? Would be a 72 inch, by 36 inch, by 24 inch tank I was thinking about?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
One day in the next 10 years, I would like to setup a large tank that I would either get custom made, or make it myself with plywood. I would like to get silver arowana since arowanas seem like interesting fish and would like to get a asian arowana, but since they are illegal and jardinis are too aggressive, would a silver or black work? Would be a 72 inch, by 36 inch, by 24 inch tank I was thinking about?
An Asian Arowana would be ok in a aquarium with those dimensions.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Thats probably the smallest possible tank for an adult silver. I have looked in to these many times but I think something like 96×48×? would be better.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Jardini arowanas are aggressive right? Cause if I do get this tank, I don't want a single fish in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store