Silver arowana vs ... everything else

Jaws22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hey guys. Until 2 days ago, I had an 8" silver aro. Then it died and then something ate it or the other way round. The guy at my fish shop said it was probably my newest addition, a 5" jaguar cichlid that I got after my pbass died:( , that did him in but I'm not sure. The jag had been in the tank for over a week and a half and hadn't got into any fights at all , while I was there at least. In the tank was also: a 8" leopard pleco, a 7" red bellied pacu(definitely a pacu and is also somewhat aggressive) , a pair of 6" uaru , a 7" fishers woodcat, 2 7" sens , an 8" albino sen , a 9" Paroon shark , a 9" ornate bichir and a 6" snakehead (species unknown).

I'm on holiday at the moment so I don't know what exactly was seen. But my cousin who went to feed my tanks said just his head was left in the tank .

I also don't think that the Aro was sick because I'd fed them the previous day , before I left, and he was perfectly fine.

Also maybe something in the water killed him but the uaru were fine and I've read that they are as sensitive as discus so shouldn't they have been affected first then?

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jaws22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hope you didn't put money on it reefman, poor thing's half blind and spend all his time hiding from the pacu, so it probably wasn't him

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
Sounds like the snake head to me. The Jag seems too small, and the Paroon would have swallowed the whole thing.

What size is the tank? Any pictures?

Reactions: tlindsey

Jaws22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2017
The tank is 4' by 1.5' by 1.5'. As said above , still on holiday so the pics are a bit old and are really bad shots and somehow I've forgotten how to put in pictures:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store