Silver arowana with puffer

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Amazon puffers are 50/50 but the aro will outgrow them quick. Mbu puffer should work.

Fat Homer Fat Homer

Reactions: Fat Homer

Carter020108

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2018
So would a full grown amazon be fine and would a mbu get along with my discus

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
All the puffers you listed except the avocado can be more tolerant of other fish then most puffers but they are still puffers. Any and all puffers should be mixed with other fish with extreme caution. That being said 4 of those would become a snack to a medium to large aro. If they didnt freak the aro out and cause it's death first. I also dont think a large mbu and an aro would make good tankmates. I think that would end badly for one or both as they both would want the tank boss posistion.

Probably should have just lol'd RD. RD. post and left it at that, smells of troll. Decided to give a thoughtful time spent bit of advise instead.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
None of those puffers would work with an Aro imho... most likely would end up as a snack for a hungry aro...

Not to mention, if you have a large enough tank for an aro, you’d be better off listing the larger puffers such as an MBU, although still wouldnt really recommend housing the two together...

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store