Silver datnoid

Leonardo_CH

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2022
Switzerland
They aren't the only ones.

So am I.
Then find me a reputable biologist that agrees with you, I lean on Maurice Kottelat being correct.
I would take your pH readings 100% seriously if you just told me what they were instead of just claiming my source was bad.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I have phoned an associate in Kanchanaburi, who will go to the river and test the PH as is. I will post the results.

I hope you have Kottelat's phone number. Do you have the paper where he quotes his genetic test results?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm enjoying this it's good to see some action in the dat subforum,it's like the good old times.

Leonardo_CH

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2022
Switzerland
I have phoned an associate in Kanchanaburi, who will go to the river and test the PH as is. I will post the results.
Sounds great.

I hope you have Kottelat's phone number. Do you have the paper where he quotes his genetic test results?
I have aquired his personal e-mail, I will ask him soon.
He actually isnt the person responsible for the declassation of quadrifasciatus, that person appears to be William N. Eschmeyer, but reading about him makes me actually doubt my initial claim that the declassation occured on the basis of genetic testing, it might have been based on fisical features alone.

This is supposed to be the name of the paper but I have been unable to find it online, a few old links I have found dont seem to work anymore.

Reactions: Midwater

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Still waiting on Kanchanaburi.

I see from the ITIS report that you reference includes "invalid - junior homonym" and "verified - standards met". It does not actually say what.

And I did make a mistake, NTT is Undecimradiatus. But NTT is definitely not AT.

And still, both AT and NTT are freshwater.

Reactions: Leonardo_CH

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Disappointing reply from Kanchanaburi, too much effort. Not enough time and too hot.

So as a compromise, I have measured the PH in the Ping river. No dats in the Ping. I doubt that the Mae Klong would be significantly different.

As accurate as the test kit goes, somewhere between 7.0 and 7.5.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Reactions: Leonardo_CH
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store