Skeletonization

MEGALADON99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
ontario Canada
I'm a budding taxidermist from Ontario, Canada. I focus mostly on bones and osteology of fish. I know this forum is notorious for having fish over a foot long, and I'm here to say if you have any large specimens that have passed recently, I would love to be your method of disposal. If you would like to send me your animal, respond below.

If you decide to send, pack each animal in a few layers of newspaper, and make sure it doesn't fall off by taping. Then afterwards, double bag them in something like a garbage bag, large zip lock bag or grocery bag and close it shut by tying it or simply closing it if it's a ziploc. Put it in a box of your choice, and seal with packing tape. You may wrap the box if you desire.

Regards,
Tyler

Reactions: GamerChick5567

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I don't have any to send you, but am very interested could you post pics of some of your work? Or maybe a link to see what your talking about? Thanks

MEGALADON99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
ontario Canada
That's not horribly far. I am from Stratford area
Currently I have a pbass, 2x dorado, marble motoro, black diamond, and a snow owl in our freezer. I may have a few more to be honest
Wow that's a goldmine. I think you'd be able to ship them to me as well since it's in canada. I don't own a car; so i wouldn't be able to drive. Aprox how big are the specimens? And just curious, what's a snow owl? like, and actual owl?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It may well serve your purpose to post packaging instructions in your thread. The shipping companies are not going to enjoy transporting stinking or dripping packages of dead animals. Providing preservation techniques (salting, vacu-sealing, etc.) are in order.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store