Skittish Azul.

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
So I’ve had my Azul for around 18months now there between 12-16” I started out with 10 I moved some on now I have 4. They are flighty and timid for bass my old monos were unruly at feeding time messy and impressive. These guys just nibble at there food now no matter what it is and generally run to the opposite end of the tank as me. I’ve tried dithers and adding more cover but nothing seems to work. Anyone ever experienced this? Could they just be genuinely flighty fish? Tank mates are 3 female motoro rays and the bass won’t get between them and food. Tank is 600 gallons with a 240 gallon sump Water parameters are ph 6.7 tds 300 temp is 80f and one 75-80% wc weekly.

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
That’s odd man, mine are the boss of my tank but are also in with monos from an early age which may have helped. How were they before you thinned out the group?

Reactions: Rhyno8

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
That’s odd man, mine are the boss of my tank but are also in with monos from an early age which may have helped. How were they before you thinned out the group?
Pretty much the same man. How are yours doing now? They would of gained some size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store