Small pup in big tank?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Will small pup be ok in big tank?
Will be getting a new pup this weekend , i prepared a tank, but its a 350 gallon tank, will a small ray be ok in a big tank? Or do they prefer smaller tanks when still small?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
You may have trouble getting food to it over such a large foot print. Pups need food cut up tiny.
Consider making a pen for it to go in the big tank or place in a floating tub until it is settled and you are confident it is eating.
How big is the pup?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
its been so long since i've had a small ray :) my rays are now quite big and have been with me for more than 4 years :)
nervous in getting small rays.
also i have a small 3 inch datnoid in the tank, shoudl i remove it?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Dat will be fine.
At 6" you should be ok with the ray in the tank without the use of a tub or anything, just make sure it knows where the food is. Always feed the same spot and it will learn where to go.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Dat will be fine.
At 6" you should be ok with the ray in the tank without the use of a tub or anything, just make sure it knows where the food is. Always feed the same spot and it will learn where to go.
Thanks, I'm a little worried with this ray as its really skinny with pelvic bones showing .
he is at my friend's right now, we hav etreated with 2 does of prazi, he is eating but has a tendency to be still/inactive.
i will bring him home later to hopefully be able to feed him 3 times or more daily.
I'll try to use a pipe to drop food in front of him.

TUREA

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
TAIWAN
If all pups in big tank I think will be prefer ,just feel empty in big tank

Reactions: batang_mcdo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store