Small update

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Some of you may remember me, some will not know me at all. But I took a small break from MFK in the last year or so bc life was super busy…it still is but I’ll be popping in and out more frequently.

in the past year I had a tank crash and lost a bunch of stock approximately 10-15 plecos, 22 angelfish, and some other ransoms in the tank.I had a snail infestation that took over the filters in my 135g tank and I too aggressively cleaned the filters causing my cycle to crash. The smell was running through my house as the snails were growing inside the filter sponge getting trapped and dying. It was be aggressive or deal with the smell in the house. I should have tested my water and made some appropriate actions to prevent the loses, but alas I did not. I did manage to have some survivors of the tank l333’s, one of the l137, and l95’s.I call that a win!

In another tank my l201 males fought to the death and they both died.

I was re-do’ing my 10g tank and it fell on the floor and busted into a million pieces.

I was at a point I was going to throw in the towel. But I didn’t.

Now moving on to highlight some of my successes. My l46 group is doing fantastic, they are on their 5th brood of fry. Be it the male ate two entire batches ? currently I have 6 in a fry box and my male has 4 in his cave.
My red lizards are also reproducing regularly for me, with 3 batches of eggs behind them. Raising their fry is quite difficult.

The fish room now has 6 tanks and the following stock;

l46 group
L236 SW group
L397 group
L10A red lizard group
L201 group
L399/l400 identity questionable as it was a re-home
Blue eyed lemon group
Orange laser cories
Emperor tetras
Cardinal tetras
Ram cichlids
L134 couple?
glofish - another re home fish I wasn’t interested in
Neon tetras
Guppies
L95’s
L137’s
L27
L333
Group of platinum HRPs
Angelfish

im anxiously awaiting for some of these groups to start breeding

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I know we've already spoke Nik, but welcome back. Here's hoping that the bad patch is well and truly behind you, and that moving forward things work out.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Some of you may remember me, some will not know me at all. But I took a small break from MFK in the last year or so bc life was super busy…it still is but I’ll be popping in and out more frequently.

in the past year I had a tank crash and lost a bunch of stock approximately 10-15 plecos, 22 angelfish, and some other ransoms in the tank.I had a snail infestation that took over the filters in my 135g tank and I too aggressively cleaned the filters causing my cycle to crash. The smell was running through my house as the snails were growing inside the filter sponge getting trapped and dying. It was be aggressive or deal with the smell in the house. I should have tested my water and made some appropriate actions to prevent the loses, but alas I did not. I did manage to have some survivors of the tank l333’s, one of the l137, and l95’s.I call that a win!

In another tank my l201 males fought to the death and they both died.

I was re-do’ing my 10g tank and it fell on the floor and busted into a million pieces.

I was at a point I was going to throw in the towel. But I didn’t.

Now moving on to highlight some of my successes. My l46 group is doing fantastic, they are on their 5th brood of fry. Be it the male ate two entire batches ? currently I have 6 in a fry box and my male has 4 in his cave.
My red lizards are also reproducing regularly for me, with 3 batches of eggs behind them. Raising their fry is quite difficult.

The fish room now has 6 tanks and the following stock;

l46 group
L236 SW group
L397 group
L10A red lizard group
L201 group
L399/l400 identity questionable as it was a re-home
Blue eyed lemon group
Orange laser cories
Emperor tetras
Cardinal tetras
Ram cichlids
L134 couple?
glofish - another re home fish I wasn’t interested in
Neon tetras
Guppies
L95’s
L137’s
L27
L333
Group of platinum HRPs
Angelfish

im anxiously awaiting for some of these groups to start breeding

Wow, sounds like you've had a wild time. Hope it all settles down.

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Welcome back! I was just wondering yesterday what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations; when you get several hard punches in quick succession like that it's sometimes easy to start thinking about quitting. Glad to hear you got over the rough spot and recovered. :)

• Love
Reactions: Niki_up and Jexnell

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Welcome back! I was just wondering yesterday what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations; when you get several hard punches in quick succession like that it's sometimes easy to start thinking about quitting. Glad to hear you got over the rough spot and recovered. :)
Thank you!

Since covid the neighbourhood crime has increased..we alone have had 3 vehicles broken into, 3 bicycles stole from the garage, and a smoker/bbq stolen.

im far from settled as we are in the process of house shopping in a town with less crime. With my bf working 100+hrs a week out of town work and myself working between 50-70 hrs a week and caring for the animals, house, and ourselves time is very precious right now.

it will get very stressful once we purchase a house as we will be planning the move and all my tanks will take time and planning! We are hoping to move before winter but it will depend on the housing market and what’s available. It’s a small town and currently only 30 listings with maybe 4-5 that we would consider.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store