Snails for puffer fish

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What do you feed them and what’s the white bone looking things?
the white bone thing is cuttle fish bone to help add calcium to their diet allowing the snails to develop their shell as they grow...

as for feeding, veggies, flakes or any fish food can normally be fed without too much problem...

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
Used to have a colony until the collection of tanks grew I didn't need to have a snail only tank.

+1 on not keeping rams horns, they will take over the colony and grow to a point our Figure 8 couldn't eat them.

Also +1 on the cuttle bone, hit the bird isle at the local pet store for extra cheep ones.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
the white bone thing is cuttle fish bone to help add calcium to their diet allowing the snails to develop their shell as they grow...

as for feeding, veggies, flakes or any fish food can normally be fed without too much problem...
Lol.
Didn't realize you replied the same thing I did. I'm at work and was replying but got busy and didn't finish it.

As for ramshorn snails they do multiply pretty quick but my puffer would eat those no problem but liked the pond snails better. Easier to eat.

Reactions: Fat Homer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store