Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
GO WES

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
so whos up for sometime during the weeks next week ? Im game just got to no in advance. Kit you should do some scouting up your way and see if you see anything. I can get you a google map where there catching them hand over fist in va .

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
TurdBuglar said:
The issue is not whether you want the snakeheads in the Potomac or not. no one is saying snakeheads won't have an impact. i'm saying why are people discriminating solely against the snakehead? Why do you say a snakehead has a larger negative impact than other predatory fish? Trout, Muskie, LMB and Flathead cats and other large, predatory fish are commonly introduced into waters in which they are not native to. Are you saying they are not having an ecological impact but snakeheads do? That is ignorance.
I never said the other fish did not have an impact. In my first post I even mentioned some introduced species (brown trout, rainbow trout, carp). But the addition of the snakehead will only make matters worse. I'm not going to celebrate their introduction and undermine the impact they will have.

With that said, whenever I get the chance I WILL fish for them. :D I can do all the complining I want but if they are here they are here to stay, I gotta adapt just like the rest of the fish do.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
sometime during this week ima try to go for them
ide go tomorow but im getting a friend to adjust the valves on this land cruiser i just bought me. and sat im getting exhuast done sunday im wheeling it sounds like monday morning might be a good day or tuesday hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Monster VooDoo Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
I might go check it out this w/e. I'm a catch and release type of guy but I'll do what has to be done. I heard their good eat'n. :drool:

leviathon13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
USA
The TRUST said:
hahahahahahah CJ! LOL! I hear ya Wes.

LMB has been introduced outside its natural range and has decimated other native species. I also agree with you on the snakeheads not eating off everything in the lakes and rivers in Asia. IMO, my support goes to the Snakeheads. I hope that they spread as far as they can. Fishermen will finally see that they do make a great game fish species. For all you know it could attract tourist to fish for them. The same way Peacock Bass has done for southern FL.
AMEN!! :clap

pinnky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2005
South Carolina
hope they make their way down here =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store