Snakehead (channa micropelts) disease

As@97

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2019
I got recently red Snakehead I have few queries please help me out
Do SH have scales /can I treat them with copper medicine?
My Snakehead is discolored black not active laying on top?what to do.
After buying him from store I have been feeding him with small goldfish he devoured like anything, later he reduced the quantity and now no food taken since more than two days . I can see his top part is more black colored compared to his pair and he just lethargic and always on top.
Please help me out this is my first time snakehead fish keeping

IMG_20191112_135734.jpg

IMG_20191112_135711.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Do have scales and can be treated with copper.

Reactions: As@97

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
First of you should plant the tank heavy since the live in heavy vegetatiom in the wild. Second you should stop feed goldfish asap as they usually bring parasites and other nasty stuff.

Reactions: tlindsey

As@97

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2019
First of you should plant the tank heavy since the live in heavy vegetatiom in the wild. Second you should stop feed goldfish asap as they usually bring parasites and other nasty stuff.
Ya I stopped feeding goldies and brought Molly's for now ..it's not taking any pellet I fed flowerhorn food , cichild food nthg works

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Ya I stopped feeding goldies and brought Molly's for now ..it's not taking any pellet I fed flowerhorn food , cichild food nthg works
Well mollys aint any better. Stop feeding live food asap. Try some fishfillets, prawns or mussels instead. Its an snakehead they arent picky with their food. They eat about anything. If you have the urge to feed live food then feed zophobas or mealworms instead. And dont worry about it eating for some time. It prob wont eat until it feels comfy and it wont do that without any hidings and plants.

Oh and please post a full tank shot to.
Test your water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and post readings here.
Ho long have the tank been up for and what filtration do you have?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store