Snakeheads die...

CAPOREGIME

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
Somewhere???
So I had one C. Pleurophthalma, about 4 inches. I decided that I wanted to give the little guy company so I added two more, about 3 inches each. The next morning, the two new additions were dead. :( The day after that I find my original fish dead. :swear: How is this possible? I figured the first two died for aggression reasons (though i thought they were supposed to be ok in groups) but the other guy too. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences. Are these guys known to just croak for no reason at all? Dont know when Ill come by these beautys again...

MANGCH1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
???
sorry to hear about your loss. i just lost a gachua too a weeksii. but i guess a pleurophthalma is much more rarer.

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
better check your water parameters first to rule out bad water conditions as the problem.. have you cycled the tank yet? also are there any signs of aggression on the dead bodies like lost scales to due fighting? or wounds?

CAPOREGIME

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
Somewhere???
Tank was cycled 6 months ago and the original guy had been in there for a month and a half. The water parameters are fine. Had two gold fish in the tank to help clean up any unwanted food, so there was a small bit of scale damage. Not sure if that happened before or after they died. The damage was not life threatening though.
Thanks anyways, damn im pissed when i think of it...

fisker

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
Germany
I think about a bacterial desease.

Two different bcts came together and the fishes are only joined to those, who they are livin`with for a longer time- added to some stress and you see the result

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Did the fish have any visible damage to them? If so you might be right. But if not strikes me as strange that you added to 2 they are dead then followed by you long term fish so you could have imported something nasty into your tank. I have had loads of snakheads and its amassing how much damage they can recover from I had one that I rescued from a shop that had a large lump bitten completely off its tale by a puffer and it healed and was fine

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Have faith Ginzy ....you gotta have faith!

One day we will be successful fish barers

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Calling Big Al's Montreal when i get back from school tomorrow don't worry

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store