snakeheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
i was at a local shop the other day and was told that snakeheads are now illegal in New Jersey. Is this true? And why? :swear:

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
I would'nt be surprised. they can handle low temp's in rivers and can absolutely decimate local fish population's... I know MD's FW website says to kill them as soon as you catch by bleeding or beating over head as they can live out of water for some time...

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
the way they been banning them in northern states is that the northern and one other is completely banned. all others are alowed to be kept if they were in your possision befor the bann went into afect illegal to import export into out of the country or any state in the country

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
You can no longer buy, sell, transfer, or import any snakehead anywhere in u.s.a.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Several states have had people introduce them to local waterways. Add that to that stupid movie and stir in a few senators who need an easy way to look like they give a damn and you end up with a nationwide ban.

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
guppy said:
You can no longer buy, sell, transfer, or import any snakehead anywhere in u.s.a.
Interstate transportation of them anywhere in the US is illegal, and they are also banned in many states, but I'm almost totally sure that they are still legal in some areas of the US provided that they are bought within that state's lines. But, the laws are constantly changing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store