Sneak Peek ~ New 250 gallon (festae pen)

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
dat setup really looks nice .
Thanks!

I still think the sand is too bright. Might be a bit deep as well? (Or just not aquascaped yet). Just my opinion though. After the real lighting is in place it might look different.
It's pretty light. Keep in mind I have been using a 300 watt shop light to work on the tank. Great for working and taking pics of the tank, but a terrible long term solution. I am buying 5 sets of LED's this week and should have them up this weekend for everyone to give some feedback on what they like best. Below is an FTS that shows the difference from the shop light (pic one) and a Marineland Double Bright LED (pic two). I think the sand is light as well but actually really like it. The shop light puts off a yellow tint to anything under water.

SHOP LIGHT:
View attachment 765710

LED LIGHT: Get used to seeing it more like this since this is closer to the permanent lighting on the tank going forward.
View attachment 765711

Justin, when do you estimate you will be completely done on the interior of the tank so I can give you my $.02 ?
I am waiting for some wood to sink and for have been doing crazy water changes on the tank(s) since they just moved, all are going through a partial cycle right now. I should be done by this weekend. I will also have the drip system running by then.

Justin, I'll give you my $.02 on what I think..... Not tank related because it looks amazing. From one man to another.... What the heck is up with the garage?!? Partially drywalled, taped, mud and no paint? You have all these beautiful tanks butted up to the walls and bare drywall behind/around them? I think a nice coat of satin white paint On the walls and ceiling will set the tanks off and make you focus on the tanks verses the tape lines on the drywall. Half a day of painting Justin.... Do it buddy! :)

(and case in that garage door!:) )
:ROFL: you noticed that too huh?? Yeah trust me I will. Just finishing the tanks first. I have racking that needs to be put up and about a truckload of junk to toss first. I will also be adding in insulation as well before I paint. The right side of the garage has no insulation at all. If I had the time I would have done it before the move.

rrcoolj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
DMV
Somehow amazing doesn't quit decribe your tanks. Maybe "WTF!" would be better :). Nice setup Justin that dovii is quite a monster and I am sure those festae will be in time. I really wish we could see video's of your tanks *cough cough*.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Somehow amazing doesn't quit decribe your tanks. Maybe "WTF!" would be better :). Nice setup Justin that dovii is quite a monster and I am sure those festae will be in time. I really wish we could see video's of your tanks *cough cough*.
Thanks Reggie. I will get a video up when everything is done cycling, scaped and apprently now garage painted ( ;) ). My D90 will shoot video and audio, I just don't know how to do it (rookie). I'll figure it out theough and get something up for you guys to see soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store