Snow storm in the middle of April!!!

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com

It's the end of the world. We are having snow blizzard at the end of April!!!. Everything is flowering and blooming, and than bam!!! A snow storm. It's the most insane thing ever. I was getting ready for summer and everything. So weird to see flowering trees covered in snow. If you are wondering where I am , I am in Tiraspol (Transnistria). Now I am certain that we live on borrowed time now)))

This is what I saw our of my window when I woke yesterday

Snow Covered Buckeyes

Yes, these are flowering buckeyes covered in snow!!!!

So weird. I can't believe it. I guess, we won't have any fruits this years. Kind of sad too.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
It's that global warming thing. Yesterday was a high of 81, the record high was 97 that was set in 1925. Tomorrow is only suppose to be a high of 70(don't know what the high is). The hottest summer I can remember was when we hit 100 in the middle of May and it stayed like that all summer. Seems those days are over. Looks like this will be the 3rd cool summer in a row here.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
At the risk of sounding like some kind of uneducated bumpkin I have never even heard of Tiraspol or Transnistria.I did do a quick Google search though and it does not seem to be too far fetched for that area to experience some snowfall this time of year once and a while as it is not exactly a tropical part of the world.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; While it is rare in April here in southeast KY & north east TN, It does happen from time to time. It is much more normal for all snow to end in March.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
It happened here too :( Last year we had it a week later which was the latest I've seen personally. I cannot wait to get out of here.

Reactions: vitaly

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
At the risk of sounding like some kind of uneducated bumpkin I have never even heard of Tiraspol or Transnistria.I did do a quick Google search though and it does not seem to be too far fetched for that area to experience some snowfall this time of year once and a while as it is not exactly a tropical part of the world.
Tiraspol actually has pretty decent climate. It's only an hour away from Odessa. It gets really hot in the summer. I have never heard of Transnistria either, until I moved there)))

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Hello; While it is rare in April here in southeast KY & north east TN, It does happen from time to time. It is much more normal for all snow to end in March.
It weird because everything was warm and flowery))

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tiraspol actually has pretty decent climate. It's only an hour away from Odessa. It gets really hot in the summer. I have never heard of Transnistria either, until I moved there)))
That pretty much describes our climate here and we have had a bit of snow in April a time or two over the years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store