Snow White parrot convict cichlid and convict have eggs??

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Makes me nervous to try to raise bcuz I don’t wanna have a ton of fish fry or something and have nowhere for them but I really think that it would be cool if I could be able to show my 2 year old daughter the little babies that “” her fishy’s “” had lol
I would show my children while they were young fish that spawned and had fry. They can care less now that their both adults lol.

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
Lol yeah,, and I can definitely see the aggression In The parents they push anything that comes near back I’m just hoping it doesn’t get to physical or I will have to remove some fish

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
hoping it doesn’t get to physical
When the eggs hatch the aggression will be more intense. The Convict like most Cichlid have teeth so fins and scales may be nipped if any fish comes near territory of the eggs, wigglers, or free swimming fry.

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
When the eggs hatch the aggression will be more intense. The Convict like most Cichlid have teeth so fins and scales may be nipped if any fish comes near territory of the eggs, wigglers, or free swimming fry.
I kinda figured as much,, I appreciate all the info you’ve given me

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
They will be pure convicts with some white or short body ones thrown on there.
I say that because jellybean parrots are in fact…just shortbody convicts. You can see this in the mouth, parrots have screwed up faces while jellybeans, polar blues, etc. do not.
Congrats on the spawn! There will be some aggression but as long as tank size is sufficient I’m sure the oscars can handle it.
My convict and blood parrot pair (infertile parrot = no offspring) set up shop in a small part of the tank and don’t really leave, giving room to the other fish. They just get mad of anyone approaches.

Reactions: Aquatic Aggression

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
New update,, the eggs are moving now my fiancé just sent me video of them lol they’ve began to fall to bottom of rock so I’m guessing they should b hatching sometime soon
That means they have hatched. What is moving and falling is the fish fry. Over the next few days to weeks they will develop and begin to look like convicts.

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
That means they have hatched. What is moving and falling is the fish fry. Over the next few days to weeks they will develop and begin to look like convicts.
Yes that have definitely hatched lol I can see a bunch of little tiny fry in there moving around,, pretty crazy how fast the whole process is completed,,and now the parent fish are definitely more aggressive since hatching

4E18B4ED-1E95-4417-A473-E72DC3A9DF15.jpeg

20B39F2C-8451-4AB3-8324-53BFE572E31A.jpeg

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
All fry will be regular bodied striped convicts. They won't be hybrids but will be het for shortbody and leucism.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store