Snowflake moray eel

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
After reading some postings on these guys I am kind of interested in getting one. I was under the impression that they should be in a strictly brackish tank, but I think I read somewhere in a post that was not necessarily true. In some of my tanks I add aquarium salt (not the marine one) at about one teaspoon per five gallons. I realize this is by no means brackish but could it work with a snowflake? If not how much additional salt per five gallons would be needed?

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
Charney said:
After reading some postings on these guys I am kind of interested in getting one. I was under the impression that they should be in a strictly brackish tank, but I think I read somewhere in a post that was not necessarily true. In some of my tanks I add aquarium salt (not the marine one) at about one teaspoon per five gallons. I realize this is by no means brackish but could it work with a snowflake? If not how much additional salt per five gallons would be needed?
We have a pair in a marine aquarium where I work,and they are doing fantastic.They eat everything and their colors are great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store