SO I got these 1'' Zaire Frontosa the other day. maybe FREAKING OUT

Hellothere116

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2016
I bought these Zaire frontosa breeder in Ohio has a get shop owns 3 building with nothing but fish in them He has a lot of Frontosa projects going on and i trust him. Well the other day i decided i would buy 5 of these f1 Zaires looked at them they looked healthy but didn't really really look at them! His Coworker bagged me up 5. Then showed me the parents and he said look at the funny wired on in there. There was a wired short body one in the tank as well almost like a parrot frontosa but he assured me it was just a genetics thing. Laugh it off payed and went home. Got home and looked closer at the 1" fry and was scared bc they had that same body shape as the wired looking one. Every other young frontosa I've have owned always looked like the parents just small in size of course. But know in all being fair I've never owned zaire's before so idk.
I msged his on FB and he told me its rare to have a fish Genetically different like that. but it happens then i keep asking will they slim out never gives me 100% answer. then tells me he does have a Head and Tails couple. i asked what that is and he told me he will send me pics later so idk. i believe they are zaires 100% but idk if i'm buying the hole genetics thing. I'm guessing daddy made love to the wired jelly bean female and this is what we got. Help me out! maybe i'm just freaking out.

received_681945502137850.jpeg 20180716_181515_Film3.jpg 20180716_181504_Film3.jpg 20180716_181448_Film3.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

slipshodman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Australia
I am no expert either but the baby Front's i had previously were always more bullet shaped than these guys
You may not know until they grow out a little more

slipshodman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Australia
I wouldn't worry till they grow out a bit if i was you

Maybe someone with more experience with Front's may chime in

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
What do you mean by "wired"? If you did somehow have a short body frontosa, I'm sure lots of folks would be interested seeing how Shortbody anything is so popular these days and fetch more money...for example, short body arowana, short body bichirs, short body geos, etc

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store