So whats the golden rule these days for how many Arowana in a Tank?

mareshow

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Just considering some ideas for a new tank, thinking the tank will be some where around the 7'x3'x2.5'. Would like to do an arowana community tank I'm thinking as I had one before but not sure on quantity for this size of tank? Any advice or recommendations would be great!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Just considering some ideas for a new tank, thinking the tank will be some where around the 7'x3'x2.5'. Would like to do an arowana community tank I'm thinking as I had one before but not sure on quantity for this size of tank? Any advice or recommendations would be great!
I personally would do 1 Silver Arowana.

Reactions: mattybecks

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Def not 4. Maybe 2. Trust us when we say fish never sound big till you have a 18” fish in front of you. However, you could do 2 and other bottom dwellers. Realistically aros need at least 8 ft length when they’re adults but you’ll have time

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
In general though most agree on this site that any kind of aro needs a minimum of 8x3.5 but 8x3 can work for a few years. that being said the tank minimum for 1 is the same minimum for 2. For every ft in length or width after that you can add another 1. After like 12x5 you can just JDM the tank should you want

Reactions: mareshow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store