So you want a swamp eel

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Farthings! Dang...I knew there was at least one more obscure British monetary unit I had forgotten!

Garra rufa (doctorfish) are wonderful; I have a trio in my community tank, and their size (4 to 5 inches after two years), shape, and even their powerful, fast swimming action from one perch to another, all remind me very much of the Chinese Algae-eater, but without any of that species' aggressive tendencies. I can see how they might cause some stress to nervous fish simply by their rambunctious nature. They are not in any way, shape or form even close to being comparable to Kuhlis. I quite like them. They seem very capable of handling current, but they do not actively seek out resting spots directly in the outflow of a wavemaker in the manner of the Panda Garras in the same tank. One of my friends christened mine The Three Amigos.

Also...I have, somewhere, a very old picture of a very young jjohnwm holding the alligator I owned way back when. I got him, in Florida, at hatchling size, and kept him until I departed for university, at which point he was in the four foot range. Terrific pet! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store