Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Florida
I have a 6 ft 135 gallon with
2 oscars, 3"
1 Green Terror 3"
1 green severum 2"
I was wondering if I could put a spiny eel in with them and which one would be good for my tank?
I use pool filter sand for substrate and I'm filtering with 2 biowheel power filters rated at 400 gph each.
Thanks

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Be careful about an eel. All are excellent escape artists. They will dig up your sand and unless you get one of the bigger ones, it will eventually become a snack for the Oscars.

cichla1004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Florida
Maybe I'll just stick with what I've got. My O's try to eat everything already and they're just babies. I think I need another big tank for some oddballs......
OH GOD, it's started again... :nilly:
Multiple Tank Syndrome!!!

wolfcichild027

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
maryland
yeah and if you plan on breeding your fish the Eel will eat every single baby if it does not get eaten itself

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
I've done this before with a Tire Track Eel. it was in with a Jag, Pbass and something else, forgot though. But it was very well behaved in the tank, and usually just had 5 inches of itself exposed with the rest of it's body under the gravel. Only thing is it got out while I was not home and died. Cool fish, but it there is a tiny, and I mean small whole that you think the eel won't get out of, think again, make sure the tank is sealed completely.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I've seen some cichlids pick at the eels whenver they get a chance as well. I doubt that's always the case, but I've had it happen several times in my tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store