split bands in Frontosa Gibberosa

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Meaning the main thick black bars are split into 2 smaller bars? That would certainly be a non desirable trait like when they have "mooning" in the bars. Fish like that are culled by reputable breeders. Though with small fish that fronts are typically sold at it can be hard to tell how they will turn out and you klinda cross your fingers and hope to get those perfect bars. I know the guy I bought my colony from spent a few years and many different groups of fry to finally get the "perfect" group.

Reactions: tlindsey

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
V-Bar Fronts!
Just like Dats!

Reactions: tlindsey

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
Unfortunetly it typically means imbreeding and bad genetics. Not sought after at all in the community and should be culled if planning on using as a breeding colony. Lol this is what i was told long long ago personally i think they look cool as hell. Unfortuinetly its truth it is cause of bad genetics.

Reactions: mattison187

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
No they don't show in the photos. Its just below the dorsal fins of some maybe all.
But the colours are nice , what do you think about the blue?

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
I apologise to the administrator and all of you, the explanation and descriptions are all in the articles section.
Thanks.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
The are very blue, and nice looking fish. Not a front fan, but are they Gibs because they are so blue? or is there some other distinguishing characteristic?
I apologise to the administrator and all of you, the explanation and descriptions are all in the articles section.
Thanks.
What?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store